Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Passport is coming by train tonight!

Today was a stressful day as I received the phone call from Syvette that Dima and I needed to be ready within a half hour so we can go to the US Embassy.  I was relieved to hear that we were going to the Embassy to start Dima's visa paperwork.  That was a good sign that Dima's passport has arrived.  When Dima and I arrived at the Embassy, I was very happy to see the Walk's had an appointment at the same time.  We all went into the US Embassy and were able to speak to people that could speak English, very refreshing! The man that waited on me was very helpful and kind.  He asked if I had Dima's passport in hand and when I explained it was coming on the train, he continued to help me.  He explained we need his passport and finished doctor's appointment to complete the paperwork.  His next question asked was "Do you already have your return flight".  I said yes as my heart sank.  He said he would help me anyway he could so I wouldn't have to come back on Tuesday. He continued to ask me questions and had me fill out paperwork.  My paperwork snafu from before caught up with me....again.  He explained I would have to come back tomorrow with this paperwork and the medical papers then we will receive his visa. 

All I can say is thank God for Skype! I had to arrange for Dusty to sign the needed form, notarize it and email it back.  It's amazing what you can do halfway across the world in one day! Tomorrow we will go the doctor's early and then finish our paperwork at the US Embassy.  We should be able to get everything done before our flight to JFK on Saturday.  Now we just need to have all the flights back in order by then so we can make our direct flight.  The Noel's are still stuck in Switzerland and the McKracken's finally got home after being stuck in London since Christmas day with no Euro's to do anything. Luckily, the airline paid for their hotel.  I think we all are going to have one huge party after all the kids get home safely and laugh about what we've all been through!

No comments:

Post a Comment