Monday, December 20, 2010

Dima's Smile

When Lori, Russ and I arrived at the orphanage, I was told by Erik...formally known as Eddick, that Dima was in boxing.  Everyone knows where everyone is at, it so funny! When I went over to the other building where the boxing room is, I ran into Eric, Cindy and little Dema.  They wanted to see the boxing room so we all went together.  We walked into the room, Cindy and I laughed at how stinky the room was.  I told them it's about as bad as the locker room in Dima's group! Dima was working hard with the other boys.  I waved to the boxing coach and he told Dima to look.  Dima turned around and there was that huge smile! His coach told him to go ahead and stop.  Dima came over and gave me his big hug! The coach spoke to Dima in Ukrainian and allowed Dima to leave, at least that's what I assumed he had said.  The coach then came over to me and mentioned something about boxing....not sure if he meant if I'd like to box or if he was saying something else? I did my usual nod and smile, that seemed to satisfy him.

We all went back to the art room where Lori, Russ, Lena and Erik were.  We were quickly joined by Nastya and Vika, whom was at the hospital for most of our last visit for general tests.  Poor girl was in the hospital for 12 days.  The kids say they all have to do that when they turn a certain age.  That is a long time to be in a hospital when you have no family or friends that visit you!

Mick and Janel arrived from Kiev this morning to "meet" Vika.  They all looked so happy! It was great to see them all together again.  Vika could not wait for them to arrive. We all had fun hanging out as a group and got the occasional visit from cool man Andre. He is so fast that I couldn't even get my camera out to take a picture of him!! He was very excited to receive another gift from his future Mama and Papa! I wish I could just put him in my suitcase and bring him home, he is too cute!

I made the mistake and let Dima take pictures with my camera.  I went through them and most were pictures of Eric's head or the sides of faces.  I didn't think anyone would want to see those pictures.  I will try to get more tomorrow.  Tomorrow we are going to do paperwork for Dima's new birth certificate. I can't say enough about The Stork Agency! Syvette is working non-stop and even more now that there is another family here! Anytime there is a road block, they figure a way to make things work!

I must try and get on this schedule again, so I will force myself to go to sleep even though I am not tired!
 Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment