Friday, December 3, 2010

Court Dates, Snowball Fights, and the Best Birthday Present EVER!!

Wow, what a day it was! It started out with a birthday card that my parents gave me and flowers from our facilitator, Syvette.  Then, when we arrived at the orphanage, I was had the greatest surprise ever.....Dima had a box of chocolates for me!! His hug and sense of pride in giving it to me was beyond words.  A moment I will never forget.

Then we got a chance to allow Artyr to Skype his future Papa and sisters.  The look on his face was priceless!  I could only imagine the look on Joe's face was even more priceless! I am so glad we got to do that.  Next, the kids got to talk to their Ukrainian friend and future English teacher, Liliya.  They were so excited to see her again!
Syvette also surprised us with an earlier court date than expected.  The date is next Friday the 10th. Russ and Lori also found out their court date is the same day!  The work that the Stork team has done for us here in Ukraine is unbelievable! Syvette has been working non-stop!

So it looks like we are able to leave earlier and arrive home on the 12th, which is 5 days ahead of schedule!   There is about a 10 day wait for preparation of Dima's new birth certificate and passport.  Lori, Russ and I will return for the kids on the 18th and bring them back to their forever homes on January 1st! What a way to start out a New Year!!!!

To end my blog tonight, I wanted to share some amazing art work from the orphanages art room. It is amazing the bright colors these children use in such an uncolorful place.  Art is such a powerful form of therapy for these kids.



3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! So glad to hear how well this went for all of you...looking forward to being there also...The art work is beautiful...I check these blogs every several times a day looking for new info...thank you for keeping us updated...have you seen Andre? Hope you have a great day tomorrow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Tina! We are sure it was your best ever! This just seems so unreal! We can not wait to get there and we will see you on your second trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Tina! What a best ever birthday you had! I love your blog and seeing the children smile! Such a joy that you keep us all connected! Many hugs to everyone,
    Ann & Stuart

    ReplyDelete