Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Is this Groundhog Day?

We feel like we are repeating the days over and over again.  Dusty and I get goofy because we keep forgetting what day it is.  Feels like we are in a time warp here.  I can't remember the last time we've ever taken a vacation, let alone this long of a vacation.  When I say vacation, Ukraine is not the first place that comes to mind, but it is worth it when we finalize the adoption with Dima.  Everyday we find more out about his personality and everyday we fall more in love with him.  Today was a very low key day as it was just Dusty, Dima, Artyr and I spending some quality time together.  Dima and Artyr are pretty much brothers since they've both been together since they were so young.  We are not sure if they've been together since they've been infants or not as we still have a hard time communicating the specifics. It hasn't been too hard communicating the little things though.  I am getting better at reading people by their expressions as this culture is different than ours.  People here speak very brash to each other and at times you think they are fighting, but the next minute they are laughing.  The teachers will talk brash to the kids and I am not sure if we are all getting yelled at or if they are just talking to them.  I have learned to watch the kids reactions.  If they run to do something for the teacher then I know the teacher means business. If the kids just sit there and talk to the teacher then they are just communicating.

Today we played Uno and other card games.  The next thing you know, it was time to go.  I wanted to get more pictures, unfortunately the pictures below are the only ones I got.  Our families will like the last one as this is typical Dusty.  Now it's going to be typical Dusty and Dima.

This is the picture I wanted to take.....then Dusty got a great idea...

Great idea Dusty.....boys will be boys!

Tomorrow is the last day before our court date Friday morning! If all goes well in court and Dusty answers the questions correctly, by the afternoon Dima will officially be our son!!

3 comments:

  1. That's it, Dusty, you are no longer allowed to influence our future son! You are cut off. Tina, you and Dima are still okay, though! We Love you guys!

    Have a God day!
    Joe and Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, it's so close! Yeah! Best of blessings to you guys! See ya around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I read your blog I feel the anticipation more and more, I am SO excited for you guys ! We are going to have to get together before we leave, we are going to need to know all the in's and out's !!!

    ReplyDelete