Friday, August 27, 2010

Pray for children of 5

I also wanted you all to pray for a family of five from the orphanage! They have been in the minds of us hosting and who've become involved in the orphanage that Dima's coming from. Lori, whom already adopted her daughter Anna, has asked for us to spread the word and pray for this family. The chances of all of them being adopted are pretty much not happening, but maybe someone could save this family. I am not sure of all the ages but I think they range from like 6-13?? I've seen pictures of the oldest girl (whom I found out LOVES Dima) and she's absolutely gorgeous. It breaks my heart to know in a few short years, she will "graduate" around the age of 16 and most likely will go into prostitution to survive. We've heard that the adoption agency in the Ukraine is willing to work with anyone whom would actually be interested in adopting them all because in the Ukraine, they do not split up siblings. It would not be 4 times the cost of adopting 1 child. I am going to have a really hard time seeing the girl when I go to the Ukraine as I will be taking Dima from her:(

PLEASE help spread the word and PRAY for them to all be adopted. They are innocent children who deserve to have a chance at a better life!

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys. I know this is an old post, and that you may not read this, but I have something to say about the supposedly grim outlook for these kids in the orphanage. While I totally agree with your concern to get these kids all adopted and cared for, I have to say that the outcome of the average child not being adopted is not as bad as you may have been told. Sure, they don't have familes. They also may not find a decent job for a long time. But the government in Ukraine provides them with options for post-secondary schooling, and a dorm to live in while they study. Some even have willed apartments in their names waiting for them to turn 18! Most girls do not go into prostitution. The rate of prostitution here isn't all that much higher than in North America from what I have gathered (which could be wrong, but I have been here a long time and know many orphanage grads). People will party, people will sleep around. But where in the world is this not common?

    I suppose my point is this: as sad as it is that these kids are orphaned...it's not AS bad as you seem to have been told. I know many kids who have graduated from the orphanages, and they are doing well for themselves. The trick for them is to stick to their studies, and they can actually do well. God is with them whether they get adopted or not.

    ReplyDelete