Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fortune cookie


Before we decided to adopt, things were pretty rough and all I thought about was trying to start our own family. One day we ate at a Chinese restaurant and I saved the fortune that said "Success is failure turned inside out". I've had it in my wallet since and will randomly see it when I open it up to pull out my drivers license. I believed that one day we will have a family, not realizing at that time it may be because were adopting a child. This decision has taught us so much in that last 4 months since we've decided to adopt. I feel so grateful for this experience so far and what the future will bring to our family. Right now I am learning patience as we have done everything that we need to send to Ukraine. We heard our last letter has been received by Sasha in Ukraine. He will check over all our paperwork and translate all the documents and send them to the proper representatives. We wait again. The next few weeks Dusty and I plan on getting Dima's room ready. Hopefully we will hear something in a few weeks as to when we will have our SDA appointment in Kiev. This is the appointment that will give us our court date near Dima's orphanage. We will have at least 3-4 weeks to prepare for our trip to Ukraine. If all works out to travel in December, we may be over there during Christmas. We will return for about 10 days and then I will make another trip to pick Dima up. I am hoping my second trip doesn't interfere with Ukraine's Christmas which is on January 6th. I've heard everything shuts down, but I am not sure how long. I am hoping I don't have to wait any longer to make my second trip. That wait time will really teach us patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment