Friday, October 29, 2010

Faith

When I first heard that we may be traveling in another month, I started to panic. I started stressing about out how financially we were going to come up with the rest of the money for the adoption, flights, and additional money for when we are in Ukraine since we won't be able to use credit cards. I stressed about dealing with another bank to get a loan as we've had such bad luck with banks while trying to sell our two properties. I stressed about making the second trip to Ukraine by myself. I started stressing over how Dima would do in school and how the other students would treat him. I wondered if the English lessons have been helpful for him. I stressed how we would pay our bills while we are taking all this time off work to travel to Ukraine. I stressed how we will pay our bills once everything calms down when we all get back. I stressed whether I will have to get another job to help pay the bills and the cost of having an addition to our family. I stressed about how our two properties are not selling and how much that extra money would be so helpful. After all this stressing, I thought back to our church service last Sunday and what our preacher said. His sermon really hit me like a ton of bricks, all he said was have faith in God and he will grace us. To me, if felt like he just said "Tina, you just won the lottery". Put all of our trust in him that everything will fall into place like everything has in the past few months. It is so easy to think and worry about the bad things, but we should let God burden those worries for us. If we don't have faith that God will guide us, we will not have grace. As we go through the adoption process, I just have to remember this whenever I feel the stress of everything!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are always in our prayers! I just have to say that we are so happy that your family is working to adopt Dima! Curtis has told us so many encouraging things about each family he met and we know that God is in control! I just want you guys to know that Dima is doing great, we saw him the other day and since the trip to America he has really become more open and always comes up to meet us when we are around! We will continue to pray that everything will be taken care of before you guys come!! We are so excited to see this process moving forward and that all the kids that came will soon have great christian families!! The other day we saw a girls named Ina off as she had been part of the first hosting program and now is in Kiev with her new family waiting to travel to America!! It is just amazing!! God is Great!

    Adam Nikkel

    ReplyDelete
  2. What he said! :) Praying for you guys. Hope all is well, and that God will make His presence in your lives. He'll make all those pieces fit! Can't wait to see you guys out here.

    ReplyDelete