Wednesday, November 24, 2010

2 More Days!!!!

We are getting so excited for our trip!! We've been trying to get things ready each day so we hopefully will not forget too much. The tricky part of this trip is trying to figure out what to bring that will not take up too much room but that will last for our 3 week stay. Lori Walk did a great job explaining what we should bring. The key to the trip is bringing layers. We will not have access to a washer so we will need to wash our clothes by hand. We were also told to bring some other things like tissues and wet wipes for our trip. I will not go into much detail with that as I am sure you will get the idea! We are also trying to pack some games and gifts for the kids in Dima's group. I have packed some deflated soccer balls and footballs. We will pump them up when we get there. We heard they don't have many balls to play with. Since Dusty and I are adopting a 14 year old, we will most likely just be around other boys his age when we visit the orphanage for a couple hours a day. With my athletic and teaching background, I am hoping we will be able to play some games. I will have to be creative as we won't have much there to play with, but I am up for the challenge! I am sure they boys will just enjoy having some company.

We will have internet access one way or another because Dusty needs it for work, so please keep checking on our blog for updates. We leave Friday and will land in Kiev, Ukraine on Saturday afternoon. If I don't get on here before we leave, everyone have a GREAT THANKSGIVING!!!! Pray for a safe trip!

3 comments:

  1. If you guys need to do laundry our team apartment has a washer that you will be able to use for sure and its not too far from where you guys will be staying!! Also another thing that would be good to bring for the boys would be paddles and balls for ping pong because there is a table in the boys area and a the boys like to play. Hope you guys have a great trip to Ukraine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Adam, that would be GREAT if we could use your washed!!! I will see if I can find some paddles and balls here, that shouldn't be a problem. Looking forward in meeting you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait 'till you're here! Not to mention, when you have free time and need to use the internet, I've got wifi you can use with your laptop. The washer, as Adam mentioned, is also open for you to use. Have a safe trip, and see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete