Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Break.....

I apologize for not blogging in such a long time.  I stopped blogging and took the site down out of respect for Dima's privacy.  Long story short, he was very upset with me after he found this blog from googling his name.  Being in junior high, I am sure he was afraid of kids reading about his past that he seems to want to move on from.

I am writing again as it is getting close to 2 years when we first laid eyes on our beautiful son.  I can't believe where the time has gone!  I started reading our blog from the beginning and am amazed at how far we've all come.  I felt like I needed to write again in hopes that one day he'll understand why I am writing about our family and allow me to put this blog online again.

Last blog was around Halloween.  So much has happened since then and I will not go into all the details.  I will say that we've had some major growing pains, but each pain has taught us so much.  We have learned and grown from those experiences. 

Thanksgiving and Christmas were amazing with us being together as a family.  The holidays are so much more special now that we have someone to share it with.  I try not to look over those moments where Dima is experiencing things for the first time, however, he is definitely becoming your typical American teenager! Dusty and I joke around about his "tude"...short for teeange attitude.  If you have a teenager, you'll know what I mean.

Dima is starting high school this year and will be participating in cross country again.  He has developed into such a good runner!  I can't wait to see what the future holds for him if he continues to work hard!  He finished his 9th grade year making the honor roll!  He never ceases to amaze us how smart he is.  I am sounding like a proud Mama now, but he went from the beginning of the year needing our help with all of his homework......hours of homework a night....to the end of the school year not needing much of our help!  He still has a ways to go, but he is pretty much able to function in class like all the other students.  He even got A's in his Spanish class!!! He still struggles with tests but works hard to keep his grades up.

I am so excited for him to start a new chapter in his life with school.  I can't believe how fast the time is going.  It makes me sad at times to think of him graduating in a few short years, but would never have had it any other way.  He is an amazing boy and we are truly blessed as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment