Friday, April 8, 2011

It's been a while.....

The last few weeks have been so crazy.  I have tried to sit down and write up something but it seems like I can't find the time.  Dima loves to hang out with us so we can't seem to sit down at the computer to write something on the blog without him trying to ask questions.  It's great that Dima wants to learn and asks a lot of questions, but man, he asks A LOT of questions!!! I want to post some pictures, but will have to later.

After the last post, we got the chance to visit Dusty's brother, who was home for a few weeks from Afghanistan.  Dima finally got the chance to meet his Uncle and had a blast with him and Dusty's family! He had so much fun that he was upset to leave! We had a blast playing games outside and finding Easter eggs.  Dima said the Easter egg hunt was for babies, but when it was the older kids turn to find them, he sure seemed like he liked the game!

The following Friday, Dima gave Dusty his report card.  He had no idea what it was.  I was in another room and heard Dusty say..."Did you show this to Mama?".  Dima made the honor roll!  He had no idea what that meant, but after seeing the excitement from Dusty, he was very excited too! He showed me his grades and even though we have been keeping track of his grades, it didn't cross our minds that he would make the honor roll! We are so proud of him and how much he has been working in school and his English!

That weekend we went to Cook Forest near Clarion to compete in a race.  Dima ran his first 5k race while I ran a half marathon.  Dusty unfortunately had to go to a seminar for work that day and couldn't come up until after the race.  A group of friends went up and we all stayed in cabins for the weekend.  We all had so much fun! Dima was a trooper and did great in his first race!  Of course he asked a lot of questions before the race! He hung out with some of my friends while I finished. When I came into the finish, the first person I saw was Dima with the camera taking pictures of me with a big smile on his face!! My heart just melted seeing him, what a great moment! The rest of the weekend we had fun making smores, mountain pies, and playing games.  Dima was a little unsure being around so many people and kids he didn't know, but he did so well after he relaxed.  The day after the race, Dusty, Dima and I walked around Clarion University to show Dima where I went to college.  It was fun to show him where I played basketball and the places I stayed. 

Today is Dima's first track meet.  Being in track has helped to improve his English even more and has helped him socially.  We can not wait to see how he does.  No matter what, we will be so proud of him for being brave and getting out of his comfort zone to participate in track! We will let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Dima is doing great! Please tell him congrats from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!

    With love and best wishes,

    Fr. George

    ReplyDelete