Monday, March 7, 2011

Party at Lodge

Yesterday we went to a party to celebrate Dema, Anslee and Vika coming to America.  It was a great time talking to the other parents that have adopted and those that are still in the process of completing paperwork.  Before we left for church yesterday I read about some great news.  People that helped out at camp had been thinking of adopting but timing just didn't seem right until recently. They were able to Skype with sisters when Cheri and Russi Walk were in Ukraine.  They are around Dima's age and from the same orphanage. I am so excited to hear about that as I will never forget hearing the younger sister ask Lori Walk to find her a Mama and Papa.  They were actually to make the hosting trip but because of paperwork and no one showing interest in hosting them, they missed the trip.  Again, I am seeing how amazing God is putting families together halfway across the world. Please pray for the family that is adopting them and the sisters they are adopting.  I just remembered one more moment I had with the girls in Ukraine.  During the birthday party to celebrate Anslee's birthday, I had the older sister stand up next to me.  She is very tall for her age and told her that she was tall.  Later I was told how insecure the girl is about her heigth.  I remember being her age and taller than most kids my age and how embarrassed I was.  I can't say enough about how sweet these girls are and how excited I am that this great family is trying to adopt them!

Back to the party......here are some pictures from the wonderful afternoon.

Anslee, Vika, Liliya and Dima.....I think he really enjoyed being the only older boy there!!

Janelle with her daughter Vika

Dima, Anslee.....ok, you guys are a little too close together.....Vika, Vika and Liliya

Me, Dima and Dusty

Thanks for organizing a great party Cheri and Cindy!!!!! Can't wait until the next celebration when Artyr comes to America!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment