Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Finding Time to Post!

Whew, we have been busy! I keep trying to find time to post, but seems like we always have something going on.  I have just a few minutes before I have to wake Dima up.  We are trying to get him up a little earlier so he gets used to getting up for school.  He LOVES his new bed and likes to sleep in.  Yesterday morning didn't start out well as I tried to get Dima up early.  He was very cranky while eating his breakfast.  I warned my parents that he was in a bad mood and to just ignore it.  He ended up laying down again after breakfast until his English lesson.  When I came back from work, he and my Dad were having a blast playing marbles, shooting darts and other games.  It was special to watch how they've bonded.

Dima had a really great night.  We actually carried on a decent conversation while we waited for Dusty to come home from work.  It was so nice to be able to communicate.  He explained to me that he was tired this morning because he didn't fall asleep until 11:55pm because he was studying his English! After Dusty came home, we went to my work to lift.  He was very polite to people we knew and introduced him to.  We are so proud of Dima and how far he's come in a few short weeks.  His confidence level is higher.  I am sure once he goes to school he is going to have some issues, but overall I think he will like school.  Everyone so far has been great to work with.  Hopefully we will have his schedule ready to meet his teachers on Thursday before he goes to school Friday.  I know Dima will feel better seeing his teachers before he is put in their classes.

We are getting very excited for the other families that are either in Ukraine now or are going very soon.  Dima is looking forward to getting Artyr home as he said March was far away! We will be praying for all of you guys!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this was so great to read! I'm so happy for you and Dima...sounds like he's doing really well. What a huge adjustment. He must be an amazing kid. And you 2 are definitely amazing parents. Goooooo Tina and Dusty and Dima!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear how he is doing...the kids keep hoping to see him at the Y...:)

    ReplyDelete